Monday, November 9, 2009

Life and love and why

I don't know why that title just came to me, but it's a fantastic song by switchfoot... those not familiar with it should take a listen:




However, the title came to me i guess as i'm sitting here at my computer having a vaguely reflective moment. Life is good. Love - the reason life is good. Why? because Christ made it possible.

In a few weeks i'll be 26 years old... no it's not 30, or over the hill 40, but in the past few weeks, 26 has had the affect of a 30 or a 40 year b-day. Nursing a broken heal, trying to figure out how long it'll take me to get rid of the spare tire i've managed to pack around my waist since high school, and all together feeling somewhat frustrated with where 5 years of college has landed me, when i stop and reallllly look at where i am i realize - I have life, i have love and the why will always be a act of grace and love from above. I don't love my job, but i thank the Lord i have it. I hate that i have a busted up foot that could potentially plague me for the rest of my life, but i'm thankful that i can still be active somehow and that really, there are still plenty of options out there for me to be able to get back in shape.

I need to come to grips with the fact i'll never be a pro-anything and the idea that THAT is perfectly okay. I might be past my physical prime, but that i now is when i should be focusing on all the years that lie ahead and how i can learn to love my wife better, be a better husband, learn skills that will make me a good father someday and get off my butt and get involved in the community around me.

I've spent most of my life striving to be SOMETHING - Wrestler, biker, Judo player, Engineer, the smart guy, the funny guy, insert "that guy" stereo type here______. I need to learn to take God's word for what it says, he's created me in his likeness and for good. I still don't know what it is, but i know that he's been more than gracious and willing to reach down and pick me up and keep me going. He's given me a wife to encourage me, love me, and keep my eyes set on the things that are truly important, and not everyone has that in life. I have a comfy home, and a plan to move forward.

life and love and why.... man, who really knows. But i'm thankful i have HIM, and thankful for his grace. I just know i need to be more thankful in knowing i have been given a good life, true love and that the why will always be outside of my realm of comprehension.

and ya know what... i think i like it that way.

1 comment:

Levi and Stephanie Teasley said...

so encouraging, beautiful words my sweet bro!! i love your journey!

love you, sis