Friday, February 5, 2010

swimming is hard.

Wow, so i swam laps tonight. who coulda guessed. I decided to join LA fitness instead of staying at the Boeing Rec center. only 5$ more and they have a pool, racquetball courts, and some guys from the community group are going so more people to workout with. I'm encouraged so far...

It was definitely hard to get myself to walk out into a pool area, put some goggles on and pretend to swim laps. I could barely breath after like 2 lengths of the pool. Its really fun though, almost relaxing in a way and I can tell its going to be a great addition to the workout plan.

anyway, i'm up far too late for a work night. darn modern warfare... haven't played in a week and it got the best of me tonight:)

happy friday everyone!

3 comments:

Jo Feve said...

You ROCK Matty Bear! I'm so excited for you!! I know exactly what you mean about the pool...you feel like a freak. But then once you get into the cadence of swimming laps, it is just you and blue water; it becomes so peaceful. And there is nothing like that exhausted (in a good way) feeling after a hard workout in the pool. You certainly should sleep well. I think I may have to look into a swim pass! Keep it up son, you really do inspire me and I'm proud of your heart in all this. You can DO it!! xo xo

Jo Feve said...

And one more thing...you are right, you really were up to late! You need your sleep for your body to process all that hard work. Listen to your Mama and bo to ged! :o)

Unknown said...

GO MATT!!! I laughed OUT LOUD when I read about the pool and pretending to swim laps...completely understand that one! :)